05 July 2009

Bedroom: Accessories

In the main bedroom, we decided to continue with the same colour scheme as the living areas (red, black and white accessories).

Behind the right-hand side of the bed is a removable Cherry Blossom Birds decal (Stickee).
On top of the drawers on the left of the bed is an old gift box from Peter Alexander, a red fabric-covered notebook (Lantern Paper), a bone china Mini Bird Feeder bowl to hold all of my rings (Have You Met Miss Jones?), a carved jewellery box (Oxfam) and an old drawing of me by Fiona Lee (www.bonsaifoi.com).Under the side table in the reading area are a couple of old suitcases. The red one is from my childhood and holds all of the paintings and drawings I did as a child. The blue one is a recent find from Lifeline, and holds all of my home decorating magazines (mainly Real Living, Inside-Out and Home Beautiful).

On top of the table is a cute little retro flip calendar (eBay), and some more recent bone china purchases from Have You Met Miss Jones? - a small button dish and a milk bottle. The picture hanging above the side table was ripped out of an old design magazine, and the frame is an old Ikea one we had laying around (now painted red).

Finally, on the chest of drawers is one of my favourite things - the bird image is an invite to a friend's wedding, which I have placed in a white cement frame (Reverse Garbage). The red Pantone storage canister (Typhoon) hides all of my button badges.

No comments:

Post a Comment