30 June 2010

Happy (belated) blogging birthday

Five days ago marked one year since I started my blogging adventures. How silly of me to overlook this anniversary! My first post stated that 'This blog will chronicle my continuing adventure of decorating the 1970s two-bedroom apartment owned by myself and fiance John'. Aside from the fact that John is now my husband, I think that opening statement is still largely accurate. In addition to my decorating exploits, in recent months I have also branched out to also include other topics of interest to me, including craft, cooking and ethical shopping.

Let's celebrate my belated blogging birthday with the lime and pistachio cake I made for John's birthday back in February...


10 comments:

  1. Congrats! Oh, and you did a city guide on design sponge??? wow wow wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm...mightn't that cake taste a bit old now? looks good, but...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence - I was just reading you blog!

    The design sponge guide was definitely a highlight, as it put me in touch with people all around the world. If you're ever visiting Brisbane, I'll show you around. :)

    No time for cake baking today, so a picture of an old cake will have to do! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on your blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five years and still going. How do you find the energy?

    Yum on the cake!
    Is the recipe a secret??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly five years is a long way off yet - it's only one year at the moment (it's five days sinct it was one year). Maybe I'll see if I can make it to two years first!

    You can see more about when I made this particular cake here: http://myflyingducks.blogspot.com/2010/02/lime-and-pistachio-cake.html

    I'll see if I can find the recipe somewhere - I have no idea where I got it from!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your blog birthday! Kirsty is clearly terrible at mathematics.

    (PS she has an honours degree in maths...NERD)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 1 Year Anniversary!!
    I've found the motivation to get started again with my blogging - lets see how long it lasts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry. Happy first birthday. I got confused by the five in there. I just thought that marrying a husband and renovating a house would take longer. (Feels like it here at any rate!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blogging birthday to you! I'm very much enjoying your blog and that looks like a grand piece of cake, too. Cheerio!

    ReplyDelete