14 June 2010

Meet Me at Mike's: Envelope Project

Last week I saw a blog entry about the Meet Me at Mike's Envelope Project on the Cerebral excrement blog. Intrigued, I headed over to the Meet Me at Mike's blog to find out more. Basically, you fill an envelope with cute little bits and pieces, and then post it off to Pip at the store for her to display in the window. At the end of the project, one of the participants receives ALL of the entries!

This sounded like the perfect little craft project for a public holiday, so after I had my porridge and coffee this morning I got to work! The Flying Ducks entry for the Envelope Project contains:

Sons and Daughters promo flyer from a few years ago
Hawaiian postcard
Page ripped out of a very old sub-editing handbook
Pipecleaner saying 'hello'
Some cute pieces of notepaper
Some little buttons
Green dart shaft
Puffy pink bird sticker
Coathanger paperclip from Kikki-K
Green paper crane made by me
...all inside a Gumby envelope!


Gumby and Pokey are now all sealed up with alphabet tape and ready for their flight to Melbourne!

I hope Pip decides to run this project again. It's a lot of fun, and it's lovely to see what other people come up with. In fact, I'd like to see a variation on the project in the future - an envelope swap! Sort of like the old-fashioned chain letters that your mum used to participate in (you know, send a pair of fancy knickers to the person at the top of the list and add your name to the bottom, and you'll end up with 2 million pairs of fancy knickers - but just a straight swap version). This way, everyone gets to peek inside an envelope!


Thanks to Meet Me at Mikes for my fun little crafty distraction for today!

1 comment:

  1. this is so cool .. i need to post her something too ... have you seen this blog http://goodnightlittlespoon.blogspot.com/
    Oh and cool about the giveaway!! I'll email a postal address ... thanks!!

    ReplyDelete