04 February 2011

More apples! And an owl...

A few weeks ago John and I purchased a stylish-looking new stereo with some gift vouchers we received as wedding gifts. Previously, we had a rather chunky system that I bought about nine years ago. For those who haven't trawled back through our 'before' pictures, here it is on the left. The previous owner's choice of paint colour still amazes me today...

As our new system is a lot smaller, I decided to sew a table runner to cover the veneer of the shelves. I was recently given a HUGE stash of fabric (thanks Irene!), so I started rummaging through. It was then I realised that the apple calico I printed at the Thea & Sami workshop would probably fit perfectly! All I needed to do was cut some red fabric from my stash to use as backing. It is a little shorter than I would have liked (and I did have to trim the bottom off some of the pears that were printed a little too close to the apples), but it does the job!


Did you notice my new little red owl friend? He was purchased from Little Shop Of... during the recent flood fundraising, and sits with his larger buddy on the top shelf.


6 comments:

  1. the red and white looks delightful! nice work on the runners too. i too, just recently picked up a new sound system, very sleek and black which leaves me plenty of room to create around it. i have mine sitting on an old wooden buffet with a coral runner trimmed with lace and deer positioned around it. whatever floats your boat i guess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reckon you also neeeeed one of these http://www.dandi.com.au/_product_33246/DIY_Fruit_Mobile_Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. The runner looks lovely indeed. In fact I'm completely adoring all the themed black, red and white pieces you've gathered together ... you just can't go wrong with black, white and red! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 'before' paint colour was diabolical. The runners look great. Thanks for referring Irene's blog. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the shots of red throughout your decor. So chic. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving the new stereo - and the runner, very clever. :) I also like your new apple/pear mugs in another post.

    ReplyDelete